Every day we have different activities and depending on these we could read between 130 to 200 words per minute, an average of 2 hours a day, most of the readers who are advanced can read between 300 to 400 words per minute and readers who are at the top of 1000 to 1500 words per minute, each person can improve reading ability at their own pace, but something that is very true is that reading helps to stimulate the mind and keep it in shape, helping the memory, increases concentration, longer and more energetic rest, in addition to reducing the chances of acquiring Alzheimer’s in the future, ability to respond to complicated situations in life, problem-solving, assertiveness, peace of mind. Increase wisdom, by absorbing the great ideas of great thinkers through time. Among many more benefits.
Now an important point is to select properly, what we will take to mind because it is not just reading for reading, remember that our mind records all the information we bring to it, do not want to enter trash to our mind true and take it with us all the time? before reading something we should first be interested, it is good to experiment with different authors and of course select the topic that interests us, the reason for selecting a good topic is because there are readings that enrich our mind, the spirit and of course the body, we can read them for a long time and increase our knowledge, our strengths and illusions of life. Did I mention that reading is good to disperse the depression of our lives? There is also the possibility of attracting great ideas to our lives, which can be starting points in actions that we must do and that for some reason, fit the words in our lives.
Years ago I had a spiritual guide who, regardless of what religion he belongs to, told me that when he was in a difficult situation and needed advice from God, he could take a Bible and while it was still there; was closed I could ask God for his advice and then open it at random. Read the reading of said exposed page and there you will get an answer. I confess that I did not believe this at all, however on several occasions, I put it into practice, the answers I read were accurate, proper to what I really should do and not what I wanted to hear. It is not my intention to interrupt your spiritual growth, I only advise you this sometime, it is highly recommended on my part.
On the other hand once I heard a talk by Dr. Wayne Dyer, He mentioned that things have energy, depending on the purpose for which they were created, in our case a book or something else and we put it with one hand on our side chest of the heart, while we raise the other hand and arm, if we asked someone to try to move that raised hand and the content of the book was good, this would be difficult to move the hand of the person. Because that object was loaded with good energy, in If it were the opposite, that object would weaken us and it would be easy to manipulate the direction of our arm. I have no doubt about this, that is why I share with you, my dear readers.
Finally, some health recommendations while you read:
- Do exercises with your eyes before you start reading and during rest intervals, you can make circles with your eyes (direct your gaze in a circular way 5 times on each side and then up and down 10 times). This will help lubrication and rest of the eye muscles.
- Make readings no greater than 40 minutes, with a break of 5 to 10 minutes and then continue, this will help you to have a better concentration, greater resistance, and less wear.
- Do not scratch your eyes, with your fingers, this practice is very common in people, it can cause serious health problems in our eyes in the future. better flashes without applying any force.
- Use preferably enough light, I recommend you natural light or good lighting.
- Avoid going outdoors if you have been reading for a long time, at least after 10 minutes of reading, this will help your eyes regulate the effort at room temperature.
I hope you enjoyed this article, it is very important to read at least 20 minutes a day, there is a great wealth of content today, let’s take advantage of that.
I thank you reader for your visit, I wish you the best and do not forget to follow my blog.